Did you know that this humble, ubiquitous vegetable was highly prized in ancient times as a medicine and a powerful aphrodisiac?
Often neglected on the crudités platter, or under appreciated as the frivolous garnish to your Bloody Mary, this jade-green stalky member of the Apiaceae family was initially used for its healing properties by the Greeks and Romans, and did not gain popularity as a food until the Middle Ages. Modern research substantiates traditional wisdom as scientists report that celery contains a substance that increases androsterone, a male pheromone derived from testosterone, which makes men more attractive to women, scent wise.
If you have doubts, let me reassure you that even Dr. Oz recommends celery.
As a matter of fact , Casanova ate celery daily to boost his legendary libido.
For best results, eat celery raw. Try it with almond butter, or tahini (a sesame butter).
In addition to being an aphrodisiac, here are some amazing benefits of celery to be enjoyed by both men & women. Celery:
- Helps to lower high blood pressure. According to Dr. Michael Murray, eating 4 ribs of raw celery a day may reduce high blood pressure to healthy levels (see end of post for references).
- Is extremely low in calories, high in fiber, and as it is over 80% water, celery is the perfect snack food for weight management.
- Due to celery’s high content of potassium, vitamin C, and other minerals it is nourishing to the adrenals and supports relief of stress and anxiety.
- Acts as a diuretic, which helps to remove excess fluid retention.
- Contains natural sodium; about 100 mg. per 2 ribs.
Celery is also a very aromatic vegetable that adds wonderful flavors to cooked foods, especially poultry. Click here for a delicious and easy roasted chicken with celery recipe.
Your Kitchen Seduction Ally,
Murray, Dr. Michael. Total Body Tune Up. New York:Bantam Books, 2000. (p. 220)
Curious about aphrodisiacs?
Does Damiana really work? How does Maca make you manly? What is the secret ingredient to get her in the mood? Get the hard facts with this free download.
Learn the real deal on the most potent and effective aphrodisiacs. 5 best for you, and 5 best for her. PLUS easy and delicious recipes( with mouthwatering photos) using these libido stimulating, passion promoting ingredients that will deliver sensual satisfaction with every bite!
Bonus: Included are 5 things to avoid if you want to keep it up!