Testosterone: The He-Hormone and Attraction
Do guys who have higher levels of testosterone emit a more inviting scent? Since women have a finer sense of smell, are they more attracted to these he-hormone dudes? Can you boost your testosterone with food? Yes, yes, and yes.
Studies have shown that men with more testosterone attract more women.
When it comes to a healthy libido and the ability to romp in bed with abandonment, testosterone is the hormone. It is not the only hormone responsible for the lusty love act, but a depleted testosterone level can cause lack of interest (in anything), low self-esteem, decreased olfactory function, and even brain fog in both men and women. Furthermore, testosterone levels decline as you age. The peak of testosterone for males is between the ages of 14 and 23. For the rest of you, please don’t fret. It doesn’t mean that you are doomed to a doddery life without sex. There are plenty of ways to maintain a healthy level of testosterone and other hormones that will keep your mojo alive as you mature.
How to Get Testosterone in Your Food
Here are the top nutrients that will up your testosterone, and a few recipes to get you started. In fact, many of the foods that are considered aphrodisiacs actually do contain beneficial nutrients that boost production of the sexy hormones. It’s not just old wives tales or propaganda by farmers with good PR.
- Zinc, B vitamins, selenium, and healthy fats all help to up-regulate your body’s ability to product testosterone.
- Foods rich in zinc include oysters , red meats (lamb, beef), poultry (especially wild game), eggs, shellfish, cheese, and liver (from free-range animals).
- Foods rich in B vitamins include cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts.
- Foods rich in selenium include Brazil nuts and turkey.
- Keep in mind that since cholesterol is the raw material from which hormones are made, do not go on a low fat diet! Healthy fats are absolutely critical to keeping it up, men.
- Sources of “good” fats include avocados, coconut oil, extra virgin olive, organic butter, free-range eggs, and sardines (omega 3s).
Below are two recipes that make good testosterone boosters.
Testosterone Foods Recipe #1: Cabbage and Eggs Scramble
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Try this quick, protein-rich recipe for a boost of steady energy and testosterone.
1 strip nitrite-free bacon, chopped
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups finely shredded cabbage
sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat a heavy sauté pan (cast iron is great for this), and place in the bacon pieces. Allow some of the fats to be released from the bacon.
- Add in the shredded cabbage and sauté for one minute with the bacon.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the cabbage and bacon and scramble until eggs are done.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
Testosterone Foods Recipe #2: The He-Hormone Stew
This robust stew features lamb ( which has zinc and carnitine), plus plenty of celery, which helps to increase androsterone, a male pheromone derived from testosterone. Pheromones like androsterone makes men smell more attractive to women, on a subtle, subconscious level. As a matter of fact , Casanova ate celery daily (and of course, those oysters!) to boost his legendary libido.
1-1/2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into large cubes
2 cups red wine
2 tablespoons butter or ghee
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2–3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
6 ribs celery, chopped
1 can (12 oz.) cooked chickpeas, drained
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
2–3 cups beef stock or water
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Marinate the lamb pieces in red wine for 24 hours. This helps to tenderize the meat and impart flavor.
- Lift the pieces from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a heavy skillet with one tablespoon oil and brown the lamb pieces on all sides (about 3 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- While the lamb is browning, heat a large pot with the remaining oil, and sauté the onions, garlic, and tomato paste for a couple of minutes. Then add in the browned lamb pieces.
- Deglaze the skillet with one cup of stock or water and add the deglazed liquid to the pot.
- Pour the remaining stock or water over the lamb, and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the bay leaf and cover loosely with a lid. Simmer on low for about 1-1/2 hours. If the stewing liquid is low, add in more water or stock. You should have enough liquid at the level of the meat.
- At this point, taste for seasoning and add in more salt and pepper to taste.
- Also add in the remaining ingredients, and continue to simmer for an additional 30–45 minutes. The dish is done when the lamb is tender.
Serves: 2 – 4
These two recipes should keep your testosterone levels high throughout the week, especially if you make a big batch of He-Hormone Stew and eat it every night.
Your kitchen seduction ally,
Curious about aphrodisiacs?
Does Damiana really work? How does Maca make you manly? What is the secret ingredient to get her in the mood? Get the hard facts with this free download.
Learn the real deal on the most potent and effective aphrodisiacs. 5 best for you, and 5 best for her. PLUS easy and delicious recipes( with mouthwatering photos) using these libido stimulating, passion promoting ingredients that will deliver sensual satisfaction with every bite!
Bonus: Included are 5 things to avoid if you want to keep it up!